A quick post about upgrading my brother’s (ancient) Dell machine. A quick rundown of what I done:
- Backed up all the drivers using DoubleDriver
- Used nLite to slipstream the drivers and build a cut down version of an Unattended Windows XP installation CD
- Upgraded the CD-ROM with a DVD-RW drive
- Also swapped the 40GB hard disk with a spare 80GB
- Installed windows XP using the Unattended XP install CD
- Registered the Dell with my FOG server and uploaded an image of the hard drive (for future disaster recovery purposes)
I forgot about taking pictures until after the job was done so this is the only one i took.